> Apocalypse Reload gargant pics...., I have found some
phattonythedon
post Aug 15 2008, 09:55 AM
Post #21

Periscope
Group Icon

Group: Speed Freaks
Member No.: 3,185

they already stated that they wont do it as the baneblade cost them the same as opening something like 7 new stores, and its universal (chaos, beakies, 'umies, Orks, nunz wiv gunz and pretty much anyone can use it) whereas a stompa is a narrow market and not worth THEIR while (i know that would rub ol' Sacrps up the wrong way), but i would like to see one and the customer is always right! pphhtork.gif (as McDonald's found out the hard way, eh Krooz?)

--------------------
what would happen if you crossed an ork with the cookie monster: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gdAKgJDahzw
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kr00zA
post Aug 15 2008, 09:59 AM
Post #22

Grumpy ole Git
Group Icon

Group: Goffz
Member No.: 345

Im sure we will see people buying a couple of BattleWagon kitz to build a Stompa.... so long as its possible to do so.
So having an offical size of around 7"-8" would be much more in GW's favour.

--------------------
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

+Quote Post
F74
post Aug 15 2008, 10:30 AM
Post #23

Growler (pet squig)

Group: Grotz
Member No.: 8,047

Was a bit unsure about my Slasha Gargant until now, it is the size of a Reaver Titan!

I assume this should be reclassified as a Great Gargant? Is this right?

Here is a Pic ........

that is a 3x2 Foot board section by the way

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Kr00zA
post Aug 15 2008, 10:37 AM
Post #24

Grumpy ole Git
Group Icon

Group: Goffz
Member No.: 345

Well check out the Gargant Size Chart and make your own mind up winkingOrk.gif
It doesnt just go on hight... also the amount of weaponz your Gargant carriez.

--------------------
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

+Quote Post
Dedwrekka
post Aug 15 2008, 12:28 PM
Post #25

Shoota Boy

Group: Boyz
Member No.: 4,879

QUOTE (Kr00zA @ Aug 15 2008, 09:29 AM) *
Im sure we will see people buying a couple of BattleWagon kitz to build a Stompa.... so long as its possible to do so.

Oh, that sounds like a challenge biggrin2.gif

+Quote Post
Nazmek Kanshuvva
post Aug 15 2008, 03:11 PM
Post #26

Slugga Boy

Group: Boyz
Member No.: 4,013

Actually, looking at the pictures in Apocalypse where the stompas are next to Cities of Death buildings, they come out around 7" tall. I scaled up the size komparison pictures too, and they support this. The goff klawstompa model appears to be the same size, but its size komparison photo differs. This stompa, I believe, is the only one actually that far out of scale.

Unfortunately, many people have taken the four structure points and the forced perspective photos and the cover of the Apocalypse book to mean that stompas are much bigger than warhounds, so they build them bigger than warhounds. Careful readers may notice that the term is structure points, not size points. Of course a short, stout, and proppa stompa will be more structurally sound than a tall, chicken-legged 'umie titan.

I don't think GW has actually gone too far out of scale with kr00za's interpretation (heck, they probably used his as a guide, seeing as they looted the verb 'krump' from The Waaagh for apocalypse...), but they don't make it really clear enough how big their stompas are, instead electing for zomgsuparbiiigapocolyptic forced perspective photos.

The Bell of Lost Souls people got their Digga Stompa all wrong too. I actually scaled their size comparison photo so the beakie was in proportion with the apocalypse stompa size comparison ork... their digga stompa works out the the same size as the Apocalypse stompa.

--------------------

+Quote Post
hakbash
post Aug 16 2008, 02:13 AM
Post #27

WAAAGH da...
Group Icon

Group: Nobz
Member No.: 114

That old school looking stompa is ded ard and proppa if you ask me. I like that old skool Orky look. The head in particular really stands out as proppa. The eyes are excellent.
The gunz don't bother me as much as the weedy lack of feet. A stompa has got to have big feet to stomp with or it just aint proppa.
The size aint to far off. But I expect a stompa to come in around 10"-12" tall.
I'm certainly not the one to argue about size...since my great gargant is 27" tall. blushork2.gif
OK I missed the mark by a few inches. I was actually aiming for around 24". Hey itz a great Goff gargant, so itz gotta be bigga.

GW seems to be pretty loose with the size of Orky machinery. I'm OK with that. It actually gives us a lot more freedom when making our warmachines.

Krooza has provided a very good size chart of Ork warmachines which is darn right proppa if you ask me. To bad it came after I made my gargant. I figure those stompa builders in Apoc didnt have access to it when they konstructed their stompaz either.

I think that if you are going to take on a gargant / stompa project you have to go with what size you want. This is a big project and will be the center piece for youre apokalyptik army. So you have to go with what you feel comfortable with. IMHO.

WAAAGH! da size don't matter

--------------------
"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version |  Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 12:39 PM