Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Apocalypse Reload gargant pics....

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

phattonythedon

phattonythedon

'Ard Boy

• Speed Freaks
  • 831 posts
  • Army Name:Kap'un RedDread's Freebootaz
they already stated that they wont do it as the baneblade cost them the same as opening something like 7 new stores, and its universal (chaos, beakies, 'umies, Orks, nunz wiv gunz and pretty much anyone can use it) whereas a stompa is a narrow market and not worth THEIR while (i know that would rub ol' Sacrps up the wrong way), but i would like to see one and the customer is always right! :P (as McDonald's found out the hard way, eh Krooz?)

be the change you want to see in the world

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,957 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
Im sure we will see people buying a couple of BattleWagon kitz to build a Stompa.... so long as its possible to do so.
So having an offical size of around 7"-8" would be much more in GW's favour.

Posted Image
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

F74

F74

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 91 posts
Was a bit unsure about my Slasha Gargant until now, it is the size of a Reaver Titan! I assume this should be reclassified as a Great Gargant? Is this right? Here is a Pic ........ that is a 3x2 Foot board section by the way STA60011.JPG

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,957 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
Well check out the Gargant Size Chart and make your own mind up ;)
It doesnt just go on hight... also the amount of weaponz your Gargant carriez.

Posted Image
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

Dedwrekka

Dedwrekka

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 242 posts

Im sure we will see people buying a couple of BattleWagon kitz to build a Stompa.... so long as its possible to do so.

Posted Image

Oh, that sounds like a challenge :biggrin

Nazmek Kanshuvva

Nazmek Kanshuvva

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 372 posts
  • Army Name:Waaaagh! Grimbad
Actually, looking at the pictures in Apocalypse where the stompas are next to Cities of Death buildings, they come out around 7" tall. I scaled up the size komparison pictures too, and they support this. The goff klawstompa model appears to be the same size, but its size komparison photo differs. This stompa, I believe, is the only one actually that far out of scale.

Unfortunately, many people have taken the four structure points and the forced perspective photos and the cover of the Apocalypse book to mean that stompas are much bigger than warhounds, so they build them bigger than warhounds. Careful readers may notice that the term is structure points, not size points. Of course a short, stout, and proppa stompa will be more structurally sound than a tall, chicken-legged 'umie titan.

I don't think GW has actually gone too far out of scale with kr00za's interpretation (heck, they probably used his as a guide, seeing as they looted the verb 'krump' from The Waaagh for apocalypse...), but they don't make it really clear enough how big their stompas are, instead electing for zomgsuparbiiigapocolyptic forced perspective photos.

The Bell of Lost Souls people got their Digga Stompa all wrong too. I actually scaled their size comparison photo so the beakie was in proportion with the apocalypse stompa size comparison ork... their digga stompa works out the the same size as the Apocalypse stompa.

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,327 posts
  • Army Name:Hakbash's Goff tribe, da Iron Gobs
That old school looking stompa is ded ard and proppa if you ask me. I like that old skool Orky look. The head in particular really stands out as proppa. The eyes are excellent. The gunz don't bother me as much as the weedy lack of feet. A stompa has got to have big feet to stomp with or it just aint proppa. The size aint to far off. But I expect a stompa to come in around 10"-12" tall. I'm certainly not the one to argue about size...since my great gargant is 27" tall. :blush OK I missed the mark by a few inches. I was actually aiming for around 24". Hey itz a great Goff gargant, so itz gotta be bigga. GW seems to be pretty loose with the size of Orky machinery. I'm OK with that. It actually gives us a lot more freedom when making our warmachines. Krooza has provided a very good size chart of Ork warmachines which is darn right proppa if you ask me. To bad it came after I made my gargant. I figure those stompa builders in Apoc didnt have access to it when they konstructed their stompaz either. I think that if you are going to take on a gargant / stompa project you have to go with what size you want. This is a big project and will be the center piece for youre apokalyptik army. So you have to go with what you feel comfortable with. IMHO. WAAAGH! da size don't matter
"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash