Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Painting da Meganobz

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Boss Ardnutz

Boss Ardnutz

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Boyz
  • 536 posts
  • Army Name:da Maniakz
Here's a work-in-progress of some meganobz. So far I've put sand on the bases, primed everything, and done the skin.

Here's a first happy-snap:

Posted Image

See if you can guess what colours were used on the skin. Answer in the spoiler!

Spoiler

Comments welcome!

Brown Ogre

Brown Ogre

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 15 posts
  • Army Name:the black fangs
hmmm I like it and I think the colours are goblin green bone white Brunswick green and chaos black

Boss Ardnutz

Boss Ardnutz

• Boyz
  • 536 posts
Pretty close! The shading mix includes a bit of purple and the highlight has bubonic brown and also some Elf Flesh for the lips

Boss Ardnutz

Boss Ardnutz

• Boyz
  • 536 posts
Here's progress shots of two of the bodies. Still need to do wiring details, finish bases etc.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Kiwi Ork

Kiwi Ork

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 216 posts
  • Army Name:Strogg's Loota Boyz
They are looking good. Nice skin on the faces. Very nice muted metallics on the mega armour.

Nemlas

Nemlas

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 58 posts
  • Army Name:- Still amassing the Waaagh -
That idea with the drill bits is so simple but I never even thought of it :blush , i've learned something already. Looking very good, your greenskins awesome. How long did they take? Again i'm... i'm agog at this whole thing, quality job there Boss 'Ardnutz.

Boss Ardnutz

Boss Ardnutz

• Boyz
  • 536 posts
They take a fair amount of time. Haven't really kept track exactly but maybe 15 hours per model? I batch paint them so it's hard to tell for sure.

Here's more progress - still need to highlight cables, fix the dinged-up edge highlighting, and do the bases and targeter lenses.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

dakan_eh

dakan_eh

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 6 posts
izz nice cheers man :cheers

Biker Boyz From Hell

Biker Boyz From Hell

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 39 posts
  • Army Name:grabnutz waaagh!
AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHH! again this :bleep ing website makes me want to buy a mega armoured nob(s) :bang anyway, amazing paint job der boss nice an orky, i hope you iz gunna do em nice an bloo in places :yes cuz if you dont, ill 'ave to loot em and dunk em in a bloo paint :choppa
I see, so happiness equels misery...but what does misery equel?
Cupcackes
you must have a lot of cupcakes
yes, yes i do

The future's bright. The future's GREEN!

QUOTE (James @ Jun 14 2008, 04:40 PM on the B&C) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you are looking for realism, take up model trains. If you want a sci-fi world set 38,000 years in the future, have fun, model boobs on a beakie.

Boss Ardnutz

Boss Ardnutz

• Boyz
  • 536 posts
First one is finished: Posted Image

Remainder when I have time to stitch the photos together.

Tok

Tok

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 341 posts
Iv been thinking of how to paint my manz, those looks good, like the gold/brass, guess nobz can afford expensive metals.

Agatheron

Agatheron

Blue Thunda Ace

• Nobz
  • 6,359 posts
  • Army Name:Da Blue Thunda Speed Freeks
What were you using to highlight the black? It looks very close to p3's Coal Black paint... an excellent paint for doing black highlights... Did you use that or something different?
______Agatheron \_______
--Remember, long, uncontrolled bursts,
and indiscriminate target selection.
____________________________/

http://chaplainsbrush.wordpress.com/

athelu

athelu

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 186 posts
  • Army Name:Death Skullz
Very Nice. Inspiring me to work on my MANz

Boss Ardnutz

Boss Ardnutz

• Boyz
  • 536 posts
Black highlights are done using the method in WD341 (May 08) in the Count Mannfred painting masterclass. Basically 3:1 Chaos Black:Shadow Grey undercoat, then add bleached bone for successive highlights, finish with straight (very thinned-down) bleached bone then glaze with thin scaly green. I had to adapt the colours a little because I don't have shadow grey or scaly green, but I mixed up equivalents using dark blue and mid grey paint for shadow grey and using dark angels green and goblin green for scaly green.

DakkaSnikt

DakkaSnikt

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 152 posts
  • Army Name:Grimdakka and the yella shurtz
fwoar. Iz zoggin beautiful. I was wonderin' how I was gunna paint mah gitz. I think I might loot a little bit of that.
Dreadsock, apply directly to the forehead!

Boss Ardnutz

Boss Ardnutz

• Boyz
  • 536 posts
As promised, here's the next member of the squad. The army follows a sort of 'orks of fortune' mercenary/freebooter fluff - think Blackwater with Orks. The Meganobz are the 'Orditas'.... you really don't want these guys going over your books!

Posted Image

armored walker

armored walker

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 365 posts
Exellent work there, Boss Ardnutz! These might take ages, but it's time well spent. You've made all the elements work together, even the skincolour I thought to be too pale at first. I too have read that WD article and have been meaning to try out that black method sometime, but I think it looks even better here than in those small WD pics.
Armored walkers are Slow and Purposefull.

Nemlas

Nemlas

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 58 posts
  • Army Name:- Still amassing the Waaagh -

The Meganobz are the 'Orditas'.... you really don't want these guys going over your books!

That made me laugh way too much. Oh Ork accountancy would be brilliant, it reminds me of the Dwarfer's guide to the galaxy(think that's the name) where all counting was either one, many or ****loads. And that was only because many could mean 1 man with some chickens or a horde :D.

The finished article is mint. Excellent work, will make it all the better when they get down to some krumpin'.

Copta' Boy

Copta' Boy

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 350 posts
very nice looking, blue/grey/darkblack armour looks great :thumbs. are the combi-scorchas GW standard or home made?
Na, na na na na na na na badmoons! Na, na na na na na na na badmoons! badmoons, badmoons, badmoons!

ENDAK - every nob deserves a klaw.

Boss Ardnutz

Boss Ardnutz

• Boyz
  • 536 posts
Thanks for the comments ladz!

@armoured walker I'm especially flattered considering I'm a big fan of your work - planning on looting your Shokk Attack gun lightning globes, if I can pull it off.

@Nemlas I'm planning a Nob Biker mob to replace the old 2nd ed bikers I have at the moment. They will also have a job in 'da Korperashun' - Det Kollekshun.

@Copta' Boy the second one is the standard GW kombi-skorcha. The first one was originally a GW kombi-rokkit but I needed it to be a TL shoota instead. In theory I should be able to remove the inner tube from the lower barrel, and the rokkit fits exactly into the bigger tube, but the paint and varnish might have sealed it up.

To show how much I appreciate the comments, here's another Meganob to check da payroll:

Posted Image

If you like you can see more boyz and vote on these guys at CoolMiniOrNot.