Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Waaagh Musk WFB

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Guest_Muskie_*

Guest_Muskie_*
  • Guests
I've been meaning to make this thread for a few days, but I wanted something to show inprogress. I even altered how I paint things to make a better inprogress shot. I took a snap of the warmachines I'm working on, that once finished will give me a 1000 points of Goblins and Ork. I'll still need to do bases, movement trays, and shields.

I may have to finetune the fantasy list. I keep making lists but I never get to play, now me and my army are in the big city and I just have to be willing to travel in order to play.

Here is the token inprogress shot, with of course much more to come, including the companion 40K thread later this summer. Yes all my models are old, I'm old and I paint slow. But I eventually get stuff done. :biggrin

Posted Image

Guest_Muskie_*

Guest_Muskie_*
  • Guests
So last night I couldn't sleep. So I decided to cost out my proposed 1000 point army list for the ComicShop builder campaign that is going to start sooner rather than later. I decided to have shields on my old goblin spearmen, just to make them special, because Night Goblins seem to have all the cool rules now. In the olden days regular goblins were needed to take certain wargear but also certain units like Doomdivers...

Anyway I pulled out all my small shields, I had a surprising amount. Some I don't know where they came from, I don't really do fantasy much, but I occaisionally paint gifts or use fantasy parts in 40K conversion, especially Chaos Marauders, best plastic box ever IMHO.

Anyway I had more than enough plastic shields to give one to all 63 goblins, I don't know where the 64th spearman ended up... I still had several saved for other projects.

Posted Image

Boards have gotten better apparently I could upload this image somewhere rather than pay for my own bandwidth... Have to think about that, not every forum has this feature...

I also ranked up and unboxed my army that is painted so far, that was necessary to confirm unit sizes and how many shields I need to clean and prime. I took a photo Waaagh Musk so far this morning when there was better light.

Posted Image

HarryMason

HarryMason

Gnasher (face eater)

• Grotz
  • 85 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Grimnob
You need to post better pictures. It is imposible to make a judgement from this distance.

Guest_Muskie_*

Guest_Muskie_*
  • Guests
I'm used to footing the bandwidth, plus I just took those snaps quickly. I've posted better picks of finished work on my website.

Many of the models in the bottom picture are in my gallery:
My painted miniature gallery

There are lot of non-Ork pictures of models I've painted at:
The Diseased Sons Homepage

And I've posted models here and elsewhere, I'll take some higher res photos but for inprogress stuff I'm going to stick to quick, little inline photos. I'm not trying to prove anything to anyone. I can paint. I can paint well. My WFB army is more about finishing off a huge amount of miniatures I've owned for over a decade. Maybe I'll go to town on a model or two, but in general I'm lowerin my standards on this army. If you want to see my best stuff check out the gallery but even more so the Diseased Sons web page.

I'll take a better picture for this thread tomorrow. I almost got four goblins "improved" and I keep plugging away at the three warmachines. I'm going to unveil my 1000 point army probably unbased and missing most of the shields real soon now here and at the ComicShop assuming I can make their Warhammer Army building days....

Gabriel

Gabriel

Kickin' Grot

• Boyz
  • 137 posts
  • Army Name:Da rage of gork
it hard to see maybe better picture

Guest_Muskie_*

Guest_Muskie_*
  • Guests
You guys have little tolerance for people who pay for all their own bandwidth... Now a days any fool can host anything, but I still keep doing things the old fashioned way. Finished gussying up four old archers to bulk up a squad that I'll probably never field because I never play fantasy...

Posted Image

HarryMason

HarryMason

Gnasher (face eater)

• Grotz
  • 85 posts
It has nothing to do with tolerance, it's just hard to see any detail when the pics are too small, and if you can't see the model you can't give constructive criticism.

Guest_Muskie_*

Guest_Muskie_*
  • Guests
So I've been working on my old rocklobber again because I'm planning to enter it in a painting contest. I know it won't win but it is the only warmachine I have that fits the category requirement. I have no trouble filling out the other three categories.

Here is a 600 pixel wide in progress shot. Definitely not my best work, but you can see how I do purple, though I usually change it up a little each time. This time I used some Imperial Purple mixed in with Warlock Purple for the midtone.

Posted Image

The metals aren't done and I have to paint all the skulls, but it is close. I painted a base coat on several things so I could post a better inprogress shot that wasn't all brown on this board.

Dewey

Dewey

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 12 posts
  • Army Name:Da Black Night Spiders
Really nice! I like it! :thumbs
"And look out for those bouncing red balls, they have... sharp teeth!"

HarryMason

HarryMason

Gnasher (face eater)

• Grotz
  • 85 posts
You gotta love the classics. I find that orcs/orks look best if you paint most of the model in natural colors like brown and green, and have one or two strong striking colors for details.

Guest_Muskie_*

Guest_Muskie_*
  • Guests
It's far from finish. I think I'm working on all the skulls. I might even be finished all the skulls. I'll have it done by the end of the month, after that I don't know when I'll get another fantasy guy done, but I'm working on two matching old school doom divers and old netters too.

Guest_Muskie_*

Guest_Muskie_*
  • Guests
The rocklobber is done... While painting the metal plate I forgot to paint bronze, gold I must have got gold paint on my fingers. This found it's way to my AoBR nob for the contest, it was on the arm, the base, and worst of all the face. I had to do some magic. My skin had well over 20 coats of paint on it.

Anyway there are some more half painted goblin stuff on my table so maybe next month I'll paint a bit more, but I never even play this game and I need to study...

Posted Image

Ratchet11243

Ratchet11243

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 30 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAGH Kloonie
Wow, good work with the purple and I really love the Flames on the Gobbo Archers. *Sigh* they were the first Greenskins I ever got, from the Warhammer Quest box. Good times. Keep up the excellent work.

Guest_Muskie_*

Guest_Muskie_*
  • Guests
Well, I left it all till tonight. My life isn't good. But I can paint a Goblin. So I completed my Orktober Threat and one of the last models needed for my 1000 points of Gobbos. I'll maybe take some better pictures tomorro or on the weekend. I might even rank up the unit, but they still aren't based or have a movement tray...

Still gotta paint 72 shields...

Posted Image

Yes there are little blue flames on his hoodie and the back of his tunic too. I did drybrushing! It was OK on the net, but I still did a lot of layers and two or three washes too. On the robes, either I can't do it, or I just don't like how it looks so basically after the drybrush I through on Badaab Black and then did some quick edge highlights.

The skin I did someone's way involving Knarloc Green then Thrakka Wash. Then I used Snot, Goblin, and Striking Scorpian to highlight with another wash of green. Metals and woods are pretty simple, skulls looked better before I dry brushed them white, I really don't like white skulls. I used only a tiny bit of thinnned down Rust Brown Ink, the rest is all drybrushing.

Guest_Muskie_*

Guest_Muskie_*
  • Guests
Here are two more pics as I'm pretty much finished my goblin archers until I base the entire 1000+ points.

So here is a better picture of the Netter and the rest of the front row of the unit.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ratchet11243

Ratchet11243

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 30 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAGH Kloonie
Wow, The skin looks really good in the front row shot

Guest_Muskie_*

Guest_Muskie_*
  • Guests
With the exception of the netter, none of the new foundation paints or washes were used. I painted the rest a while ago, but snot green, gobling green, and maybe a little striking scorpian green, with a thinned wash. I know how to paint green. I plan to do up a bunch of different skin tones, though that one is my main one.

Gitsnik_Arse_kika

Gitsnik_Arse_kika

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 353 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gitsnik
i like thet skin, but maybe change ther eyes to a red unless its part of your fluff
Beware the goff

the deathskull

the Snake bite

Guest_Muskie_*

Guest_Muskie_*
  • Guests
I went with beedy yellow eyes for my Goblins, and my Nurglings I think. My older work I don't know what color I painted the eyes. But yah I'm sticking with yellow. No pupils either, at least on the majority. Too lazy, to paint as much as I should. Should have had this army on the table by now.

Gitsnik_Arse_kika

Gitsnik_Arse_kika

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 353 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gitsnik
k thats fine i mean i don't command you (or do... *arrow hits in the face*) yeh, u never know it may be even better :biggrin
Beware the goff

the deathskull

the Snake bite