> Blood Axe Army, 500 (or so) points
Stuart
post Mar 10 2008, 02:36 PM
Post #1

Outed 'umie luvva
Group Icon

Group: Blood Axez
Member No.: 2,737

Well, I realized it's been a while since I've taken pictures of what I've been working on. Believe it or not, I have been moderately productive lately, though other projects (e.g. repainting a beakie army, lots of school reading) have kinda curbed my ability to get lots done. That, and I'm broke...yeah, that's kinda a big one.

So at the moment I probably have about 500 or 600 points of Blood Axes done, though they're hardly an effective (or legal) force at the moment. Expect to see both mobs brought up to 20 strong, and maybe some Orky jetbikes. Eventually I hope to get this thing up to the 2000-3000 point range, but I'm working on more realistic goals right now winkingOrk.gif . Now onto the pics:

Here's the full army

Ard' Shoota Boyz

Boss

Big Mek

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Stuart
post Mar 10 2008, 02:40 PM
Post #2

Outed 'umie luvva
Group Icon

Sekret Santa Komissar (he leads the Shoota Boyz)

Shoota Boyz

A Grot

Looted Wagon

That about does 'er. The Shoota Boyz are gonna be bulked up with more old-school Orks, and the Ard Boyz will be reinforced with the new plastics.

As a note, some of the guys have little powdery spots. I think that's just powder from the snowifying process, not anything bad like dried glue.

C&C appreciated cheers.gif .

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nozeminer
post Mar 10 2008, 06:25 PM
Post #3

Glorifier of Grotz
Group Icon

Group: Deathskullz
Member No.: 2,307

They look good thumbs.gif . Even if they look a little Space Puppy-ish. winkingOrk.gif

I like the way you've incorporated the old 2nd edition Orks into your army.

Good luck with the next 1500 to 2500 points. biggrin2.gif

--------------------
Yoo kin pikk yer Warboss an' yoo kin pikk yer noze. But, yoo kant pikk yer Warbossez noze.

"Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

Kromlech for all your Orky goodness.

Nozeminer Studioz

+Quote Post
Zagursnik
post Mar 10 2008, 08:47 PM
Post #4

Loots from da Lootaz
Group Icon

Group: Freebooterz
Member No.: 5,412

These are awsome. Its great seein the old skool models. I always like the catchers gear looking armor. The paint scheme really goes well with your arctic theme. thumbs.gif

--------------------
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

+Quote Post
Lorax of the Ble...
post Mar 10 2008, 10:06 PM
Post #5

'Ard Boy
Group Icon

Group: Freebooterz
Member No.: 372

Stuart,
Needless to say I am a little bias, but the Komissar looks amazing. I love the work you have done on him, certainly looks 100x better than when it left my doors. Glad to see him fully painted! The color scheme works very well!
All the best
cheers.gif
Lorax

--------------------
QUOTE (4tonmantis @ Nov 26 2008, 11:56 AM) *
Gentlemen...welcome to the Lorax effect.. those wishing to learn it be warned...part of the process involves snorting a gerbil and whacking yourself with a clawhammer.

QUOTE (Ug Thok @ Jun 9 2008, 04:44 PM) *
Lorax: Da MacGyver uv da Waaagh!

QUOTE (Zagursnik @ Feb 22 2008, 03:56 PM) *
*The Lorax of the Bleeding Grin Effect reffers to models so cobbled toegther with different parts & bitz that ya can't tell whats what until the first coat of paint hits the plastic, metal, pape mache or whatever else it is you found in the garage or under the sofa to build with.

+Quote Post
Oddballz
post Mar 11 2008, 12:28 AM
Post #6

He who was Snord
Group Icon

Group: Nobz
Member No.: 175

These guys look good, Stuart. The colour scheme is very space puppy-ish, and perhaps a bit uniform for an Ork army (even Blood Axes) but it works well, and the colours provide a nice contrast to the green skin. The snow bases are also cool. And there's extra kudos for including some of the original metal Orks in a new Ork army! If I have one suggestion, it's to try and thin your paints a bit, and go for slightly more subtle highlights. It's a small point, however, because as an army the models look fine.

--------------------
Oddballz

"If you wants to understan' an enemy, you gotta walk a mile in his shoes. Den, if he's still your enemy, at least you're a mile away and he's got no shoes." Plateau, trollish philosopher

+Quote Post
Muskie
post Mar 11 2008, 01:26 AM
Post #7

Yoof

Group: Boyz
Member No.: 6,828

I've always thought about stipping my lead Space Orks and entering them in a painting contest. But stripping models is work, repainting models is work. One day I'd like to just be able to play...

Your army looks good, you could be a little smoother on the highlights, but the choice of colors is good. I gotta strike a balance between anal highlighting perfection and cranking shit out. I'm more of a perfectionist than just get it primed and on the table...

Gotta get back to painting regularly...

--------------------
My more famous army is the Diseased Sons. My new hobby blog has pics of green skins old and new if you dig a little.

+Quote Post
Stuart
post Mar 11 2008, 01:15 PM
Post #8

Outed 'umie luvva
Group Icon

Thanks guys, good to get some feedback thumbs.gif . Spacepuppies though?! choppa.gif

Yeah, I get that alot about needing to thin paints and make highlights more subtle. While I definitely agree, I think when it comes to army painting that's less imperative. Plus, having recently switched to Vallejo paints after 8 or 9 years of GW paints, what I'm working with already seems pretty thin blushork2.gif . But yeah, that's something I'm gonna be working out as time goes on.

I also like the super-old Orks, I was gonna paint them as Bad Moons, but I decided they were cool enough, and financially, it made sense to use what I had rather than buying new stuff right away winkingOrk.gif . I've got 8 more Boyz from the same "Space Ork Raider" set, so those guys will just about fill out the mob (hopefully I can pick up a few more Boyz on eBay to have a full squad of 20).

I'm home for spring break, so ideally I can get a few more additions to the army built, then paint them at school. Watch this space for updates!

--------------------

+Quote Post
resser
post Mar 13 2008, 03:36 PM
Post #9

Mushling

Group: Grotz
Member No.: 6,879

I really like the detailing, the flocking looks great too. It's a coherent theme, a mob that standz together.

+Quote Post
Red Skullz
post Mar 13 2008, 03:59 PM
Post #10

Slugga Boy

Member No.: 2,057

I think your paintjobz has improved massively as far as I can remember! Very nice and cohesive, and that`s saying something with the mix of minis.

Now...more please winkingOrk.gif

R

--------------------
Team Anarchy, gaming community (in norwegian).

+Quote Post
Mr.Squid
post Mar 28 2008, 12:17 PM
Post #11

Rutted Gob Busta

Member No.: 3,834

I absolutly love the scheme. Do you mind telling me the colors you used for the armour?

+Quote Post
gratedraindrop
post Mar 29 2008, 05:30 PM
Post #12

Kickin' Grot

Member No.: 6,319

Love that Big Mek! I prefer that to the actual model. Very good use of another ork's body, Mad Dok Stuart winkingOrk.gif

--------------------
~grated~

+Quote Post
Stuart
post Mar 29 2008, 07:16 PM
Post #13

Outed 'umie luvva
Group Icon

Thanks ladz cheers.gif .

QUOTE (Mr.Squid @ Mar 28 2008, 12:47 PM) *
Do you mind telling me the colors you used for the armour?

Do you mean the grey? It's pretty easy:
- Shadow Grey
- Extreme highlights of Codex Grey
- Extreme® highlights of Fortress Grey

If you mean the metal, it's:
- Chainmail
- Wash with mix of Smoke Ink, Black Ink, and Water
- Chainmail highlights

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ug Thok
post Mar 29 2008, 09:01 PM
Post #14

Kommando
Group Icon

Group: Bad Moonz
Member No.: 3,644

I love those neon highlights. They always get me motivated to pain. Which is good right now, because I am sitting here painting 'Nids to go to some lucky home via Ebay smilingOrk.gif

--------------------
Easy Waaaghers
MEGA Armored Warboss TOEGNASHER
Da DurDregga

Behind Brother-Captain Bob, a great rift opened from the void, and space elves hopped out with cookies. In their time of greatest peril, Craftworld Keebler came to the Mon Keigh. Unfortunately for both, this would be no ordinary bake sale.

+Quote Post
Stuart
post Mar 30 2008, 12:57 AM
Post #15

Outed 'umie luvva
Group Icon

QUOTE (Ug Thok @ Mar 29 2008, 10:31 PM) *
I love those neon highlights. They always get me motivated to pain. Which is good right now, because I am sitting here painting 'Nids to go to some lucky home via Ebay smilingOrk.gif

Neon FTW CoolOrkDark.gif . It's funny, I myself am really motivated to work on these guys, but I've had a pretty large amount of school work to do. Still, only 6 weeks left and it'll be summer. Hopefully I'll be able to crank out a lot of the Blood Axes then (though work might get in the way scowl.gif ).

In other news, I've actually been repainting my Sons of Guilliman beakie army, which I was thinking about selling (maybe for charity, maybe just to avoid bankruptcy). Would anyone guess a decently painted 1000 point army (albeit one with mould lines) would sell for enough on eBay to make it worth selling?

Well there I go, getting off topic.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gorbak
post Apr 1 2008, 06:47 AM
Post #16

Hair Squig

Member No.: 7,028

Da Boss sure is great!
I've always liked Ghazghull model.

Oh,and the Basilisk is great too!

--------------------
Viva "SLQH..."!
Known as Undertaker at the Bolter and Chainsword.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version |  Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 09:59 AM