Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mr. Potato Head

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

burna_boy

burna_boy

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 187 posts
maybe I'm crazy.... but does anyone else think that a Mr. Potato head would be a great base to build a stompa around?? I'm thinking specifically the body and feet. The nose and glasses could probably go... :P Has anyone tried this?

Drok

Drok

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 41 posts
  • Army Name:Da Rokk 'Ammaz
That would be the most goober-tastic Stompa EVER. ...I say go for it. :lol

Lorax of the Bleeding Grin

Lorax of the Bleeding Grin

'Ard Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 863 posts
  • Army Name:Feral
Before:
Posted Image

After:
Posted Image

I think it is possible, it would be awesome base to build some armor off of. The feet would need some work to make them look more stompy.
:cheers
QUOTE (4tonmantis @ Nov 26 2008, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gentlemen...welcome to the Lorax effect.. those wishing to learn it be warned...part of the process involves snorting a gerbil and whacking yourself with a clawhammer.

QUOTE (Ug Thok @ Jun 9 2008, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lorax: Da MacGyver uv da Waaagh!

QUOTE (Zagursnik @ Feb 22 2008, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*The Lorax of the Bleeding Grin Effect reffers to models so cobbled toegther with different parts & bitz that ya can't tell whats what until the first coat of paint hits the plastic, metal, pape mache or whatever else it is you found in the garage or under the sofa to build with.

Gashbad

Gashbad

Stompa Warz Champeen

• Freebooterz
  • 2,510 posts
  • Army Name:Gashbad's Loudboyz
This has gotta be one of the most insane ideas I've ever seen, but hey insanity is fun! Seriously though, I'm a lil doubtful that it would work, especially if someone wanted to preserve the Mr. Potato Head look. However if someone did successfully build a Stompa that looked like an orky Mr. Potato Head, I'd probably have to buy them a drink
This user has been given a total of four (4) 'free" rants as sporeday gifts from the members of this site.
Some conditions apply, check coupon for details

deamoncow

deamoncow

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,031 posts
  • Army Name:Da Gear Boyz
gashbad, your on!
WAAAGH DA GEAR BOYZ!
Warboss~Gregza Un Bonzif da Stompy
Big Mek~Big Mek Dogbreff

If there is an Ork Stompa released by GW anytime this year I will eat my own genitalz winkingOrk.gif
~Kr00za

I'm holding you to this Kr00za, you better do it. Pics or medical forms as proof

HAMPSTER SQUADRON my webcomic! http://hamsquadcomic.googlepages.com/

deamoncow

deamoncow

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,031 posts
  • Army Name:Da Gear Boyz
ok, so here's the plan

Attached Thumbnails

• mr_potato_spompa.JPG

WAAAGH DA GEAR BOYZ!
Warboss~Gregza Un Bonzif da Stompy
Big Mek~Big Mek Dogbreff

If there is an Ork Stompa released by GW anytime this year I will eat my own genitalz winkingOrk.gif
~Kr00za

I'm holding you to this Kr00za, you better do it. Pics or medical forms as proof

HAMPSTER SQUADRON my webcomic! http://hamsquadcomic.googlepages.com/

burna_boy

burna_boy

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 187 posts
Oh yes....this CAN be done..... I'm off to buy some plasiticard. :biggrin

Grotfang Warstomp

Grotfang Warstomp

Tankbusta Boy

• Speed Freaks
  • 449 posts
  • Army Name:Da Iron Skullz (see my blog in my signature)
Leave the nose as a shout out to its heritage! You'll need some serious armour plates going on there, because right now the Mr. Potato head I know of is much to round to be orky

Gashbad

Gashbad

Stompa Warz Champeen

• Freebooterz
  • 2,510 posts
  • Army Name:Gashbad's Loudboyz

ok, so here's the plan

That deserves a good 'ol hearty "Brilliant!" and of course the promised drink should it ever be built :thumbs
This user has been given a total of four (4) 'free" rants as sporeday gifts from the members of this site.
Some conditions apply, check coupon for details

Andrew the Eternal

Andrew the Eternal

Dreadnought Pilot

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,894 posts
  • Army Name:Da Great 'Orde uv Nazgor Goldteef

This has gotta be one of the most insane ideas I've ever seen, but hey insanity is fun!

One of the best ways to sum up the ork mentality I have ever heard.

DEFINATELY go with daemoncow's plan! If you don't, I will.
(Weak threat, but it's all I got)
QUOTE (GrimTeef @ Oct 12 2007, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Orks even make more interesting corpses than Imperials. We're just that good.
You're smiling. When you smile, civilizations die.

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
Sounds weird at fist but actualy this is a great idea. Make sure you keep its rounded shape n just clad it in thin plasticard. This will be a bit of a job what with having to Supa Gloo all the plates on. But after that the rest should be simple.
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

Eggnog McTinker

Eggnog McTinker

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 238 posts
  • Army Name:Eggnog McTinkerz WAAAAGH
Excellent idea - though you'd have to come up with a clever way to fit the belly gun in. Maybe it could come out of the mouth...
But see, amid the mimic rout
A crawling shape intrude!
A blood-red thing that writhes from out
The scenic solitude!

Pvt_Jack_Ryan

Pvt_Jack_Ryan

Oily Squig

• Boyz
  • 105 posts
I can only imagine Toy Story with a Stompa.

Utan

Utan

Steel Hornz

• Boyz
  • 655 posts
  • Army Name:Deff Grin
Keep it up Boyz an' maybe Hasbro will buy Games Workshop! Mr PH is the first toy dey ever made an it's kind of like their signature.
Dis iz da Waaagh! ooniverse.

TheSnake

TheSnake

Stormboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,337 posts
Oh boy! Some peoples are really crazy :sowhat Now I feel a urge to go buy a Mr Potatoe Head. I hate you :dakka :biggrin

Pvt_Jack_Ryan

Pvt_Jack_Ryan

Oily Squig

• Boyz
  • 105 posts

Oh boy! Some peoples are really crazy :sowhat

Now I feel a urge to go buy a Mr Potatoe Head. I hate you :dakka :biggrin

Or even better, a Mrs. Potato Head! :biggrin

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,021 posts
  • Army Name:Snotbagz Nozeminerz
I'd say, try and keep some of the roundness to the body and square out the feet. But, whatever you do, KEEP THE HAT!!! :yes :yes :yes
Yoo kin pikk yer Warboss an' yoo kin pikk yer noze. But, yoo kant pikk yer Warbossez noze.

"Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

Kromlech for all your Orky goodness.

Nozeminer Studioz

Ug Thok

Ug Thok

Flash Git

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,040 posts
  • Army Name:Da Zoggin Zoggers
I have a TOP SECRET project on the back burna....I will be looting ideas! Some great looking plans worked out already. Please give him a big metal mustache to go with his Iron Gob. It should count as a D class weapon.
Easy Waaaghers
MEGA Armored Warboss TOEGNASHER
Da DurDregga

Behind Brother-Captain Bob, a great rift opened from the void, and space elves hopped out with cookies. In their time of greatest peril, Craftworld Keebler came to the Mon Keigh. Unfortunately for both, this would be no ordinary bake sale.

kustim-ork

kustim-ork

Buzzing Squig

• Grotz
  • 96 posts
Not that I want to sound like an expert on the Potato Head thing, but that one photo shown is an old one. New M.P.H's have removable plug in arms... making a perfect port to plug in your orky arms! There are also a lot of fun new ones such as Darth Tater, R2-Potaa2, Spud Trooper and more, which all have some neat parts that could make a spiffy conversion! Dang you! Now I want one too!! One question, would that be a stompa which rules would you use? :thumbs

Garbad Skargor

Garbad Skargor

Bag Squig

• Boyz
  • 102 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Skargor
The finished product NEEDS to have swappable parts. I'm thinking build the core shape, making it look Orky and all, but have some magnets located under the surface in certain locations (eyes, mouth, belly gun, hat) so the 'accessories' can be swapped around (bonus laffs for in-game hijinks). That, it needs a name. I suggest the Masha.