Rating 4 V
Dim_Reapa
post Nov 29 2006, 05:24 PM
Post #1

Ban Stikk Target
Group Icon

Group: Grot Rebelz
Member No.: 1,598

Hi all, I've got alot of bitz together, so today is finally the day that I've made a start - work will be slow, as I have alot uni work this term, but it begins and shortly things will begin enmass.

I have alot of plans, which I'll mention - but first - da first pics!!!!!

My Grots are Nightgoblins - I've decided on mainly Ork Gunz, but my new inductee units will have random guns - probably mostly the older guns.

Here's my first 12 Grots:

Group Detail
<!--ImageUrlBegin--><!--ImageUrlEBegin--><!--ImageUrlEnd--><!--ImageUrlEEnd-->

Whole Unit:

See if you can spot the difference!

All my other Grots will be along those lines, mostly sluggas but some shootas here and there.

Anyway - I've had a few other ideas, so watch this space for them!!

LOOTAZ:

my loota Grots have Looted from scouts - 8 Sniper Rifles 1 Rokkit Launcha and the rokkit launcha will be 3 Grots manning one of those disposable military Law Rocket Launchas - the snipers will be 3 grots each base (all these bases are the Termie bases) ripping off hitman bloody money - with a suitcase, a put together sniper rifle (probably based on the fish'ead carbines) one firing (Probably built in terrain as well) one Grot lookout using the scope (justifying the 4+ to hit) and one manning the case/helping the other grot put the rifle together.

Dred and kans:

My Dreds and kans - by popular demand will be more squigwheels - with spinny wheel spikes and big gunz.

Warboss and Bodyguard:

Not too sure, but my Warboss will be on a Ork Kan - I was thinking of a platform with a cool looking Goblin Boss model on top - need opinions on that - the bodyguard, I was thinking of the classic Ork Dreds - the barrel ones - perhaps even Converted in some other way - not sure.

Ork Boyz and Burnaz

hehe - Squigriders - to justify the waaagh and size checks as well as the stat significance - burnas will be converted to have flamers - a surprise there.

there's more, but that's been mentioned - if you missed it - it'll be a nice surprise when they're done.

This is my Army Thread - all my stuff is coming in here, so hope you all enjoy the ride...

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Grishgrub
post Nov 29 2006, 05:33 PM
Post #2

Skarboy

Group: Boyz
Member No.: 1,374

Your ideas for representing ork units with grots are great, I can't imagine people complaining enough to make you regret doing this cheers.gif Now let's see some more! whip.gif

+Quote Post
Dim_Reapa
post Nov 29 2006, 06:03 PM
Post #3

Ban Stikk Target
Group Icon

And now, for prosperity, and also by Demand:

Widget Workybitz Grot Big Mek - original comp thread found ere

These pics are very good even if I do say so myself!

Closeups

All round look

Sorry, but getting a good pic of the squig is virtually impossible.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew the Etern...
post Nov 29 2006, 09:21 PM
Post #4

Dreadnought Pilot
Group Icon

Group: Bad Moonz
Member No.: 2,355

A Rebel Grot Army using the Ork army list? Who ever heard of such a thing. laughingOrk.gif winkingOrk.gif

I'll be watching this for more Grots like Workybitz. Wow, two threads I gotta watch in as many minutes.

--------------------
QUOTE (GrimTeef @ Oct 12 2007, 12:30 AM) *
Orks even make more interesting corpses than Imperials. We're just that good.
You're smiling. When you smile, civilizations die.

+Quote Post
morfangdakka
post Nov 29 2006, 11:48 PM
Post #5

tougher than a cybork
Group Icon

Group: Deathskullz
Member No.: 922

This will be a cool thread to watch so post away. I can't wait to see more. Of course my favorite unit will be the lootas. I guess it's just the deathskull in me.

--------------------
QUOTE (eddie the troll @ Mar 24 2010, 09:02 AM) *
Yeah, the Venerable Morfangdakka. It has a certain feel to it.

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

+Quote Post
Mad Grot Docsnik
post Nov 30 2006, 08:31 AM
Post #6

Head Honcho
Group Icon

Group: Nobz
Member No.: 2,231

Oi, Dim, fanks for finally gettin' pictures of Widget up. 'e does look much better than the other pictures allowed and ya can see the squig in the wheel now! I will be following this thread closely as I intend to do rebel grotz as soon as I can manage. I love the idea of squigriding grotz to make up the stats of a normal boyz mob! Thank you, thank you, thank you, I am so looting that... an excuse to custom build a bunch of squigs, Woot!

--------------------
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

+Quote Post
Dim_Reapa
post Nov 30 2006, 09:33 AM
Post #7

Ban Stikk Target
Group Icon

Naturally, feel free to Loot - I'm a little protective of the Squig Wheel, but even that you guys can loot.

I kinda secretly hope I was the first to use the idea - I doubt it tho thumbs.gif

Anyways - Unfortunately it's going to mostly be more grots for the moment, but I can have a go with the first few Squig riders in the near future.

The Snipers will be soon - I'm going to pester a few Tau using pals to see if I can get some guns for the Rifles...

I need a few pieces of advice really, might as well ask them here!

The Suitcases, not sure where to start with them, any ideas are welcome.

I'm still stuck on the warboss and bodyguard - would it look okay with a looted kan with a platform on the top with a Grot - decked out to look ard for the warboss?

EDIT: Heres a pic of the Grot I'm using for the boss possibly [The one on the right with the axe]
<acronym title=IPB Image" />

Bodyguard is tough - I think I might make MINI versions of the old Barrel Dreds - where to start might be a bit tough though!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Grishgrub
post Nov 30 2006, 10:50 AM
Post #8

Skarboy

QUOTE(Dim_Reapa @ Nov 30 2006, 09:03 AM) [snapback]318022[/snapback]

The Suitcases, not sure where to start with them, any ideas are welcome.

That's easy, just a few layers of plasticard and one of the many many handles you'll have spare from your tanks.

QUOTE(Dim_Reapa @ Nov 30 2006, 09:03 AM) [snapback]318022[/snapback]

Bodyguard is tough - I think I might make MINI versions of the old Barrel Dreds - where to start might be a bit tough though!

Barrels winkingOrk.gif

The ole dreads had bodies much larger then the barrels you'll get from the new imperial vehicle sprue or the old battlefield sprue thumbs.gif

+Quote Post
Warboss Thrugg
post Nov 30 2006, 03:12 PM
Post #9

Loota Boy
Group Icon

Group: Speed Freaks
Member No.: 1,140

Mega armor with the heads removed and control levers poking out, with the grot pilot sitting on top. Someone did that with Gazzie, and turned the Gob into a cockpit for the gobbo.

--------------------
"I was just going to look. With fire. And lightning. And reanimated chipmunks. And racoons. On fire."
- Richard, Looking for Group

+Quote Post
Mad Grot Docsnik
post Nov 30 2006, 03:24 PM
Post #10

Head Honcho
Group Icon

Yerh, what Thrugg suggests is exactly what I intend to use. I've got a half-dozen MA Nob bodies parked in my bitz box waiting for my rebel grot project.
And the suitcases that grishgrub proposes are the first thing that popped into my head as well. A little sanding on the corners and they're ready in minutes.

--------------------

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

+Quote Post
Zagstruk
post Dec 2 2006, 11:06 AM
Post #11

Grot Slave

Member No.: 3,571

Those nightgoblin grots look really feral and very funny the wiggly hat is hilarious. laughingOrk.gif

--------------------
we can always come back for another go!

DO NOT revive old topics. I did and i got whipped.

+Quote Post
Toxic_Bunny
post Dec 2 2006, 03:11 PM
Post #12

Steel Teef
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,737

Drill those barrels ya lazy git! whip.gif

I did something close to what you are attempting a while back (I REALLY need to get around to continuing with the project ^^winkingOrk.gif

Nice work though, you seem to be heading in the right direction

--------------------
Always stay true to Ork beliefs: Bloo is lucky, Red makes fings go fasta, and rivits can fix ANYTHING!!!

Big Lenny's Death Skull Rebellion

+Quote Post
Dim_Reapa
post Dec 2 2006, 04:34 PM
Post #13

Ban Stikk Target
Group Icon

The things I do for cool looking models...

<acronym title=IPB Image" />

A subscription to WD, ADVERTS ADVERTS ADVERTS but it's a pressie from the missus so it's FREE ADVERTS FREE ADVERTS FREE ADVERTS.

Anyway - you can't really see, but the shield is square and it's attached to a rather large cape - I want to make him look good for 40k - options?

I'm really not keen on barrels - anyway - does the boss on the throne-like platform on top of a looted Kan sound good? And should the others be similar?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Grishgrub
post Dec 2 2006, 05:32 PM
Post #14

Skarboy

Boss gobbo on a kan seems like a good idea to me, he's gonna be a warboss in mega armour right? There was a mega armoured grot a little while back... think he was called "Tommy"... a few of those might look good as nobs. Provided they're not mega armoured nobs of course, but I doubt you'd be silly enough to be using a retinue of those in a smallish army pphhtork.gif Just make sure the boss is very obviously bigger then the others.

+Quote Post
Dim_Reapa
post Dec 19 2006, 05:09 PM
Post #15

Ban Stikk Target
Group Icon

UPDATE 19TH DECEMBER

My Grot count is up to 40+ pesky buggers...

All the grots (No peeking at my itunes!)

left mob

right mob

My Slavers

Ok, I decided to do a concept model for my Squig riders (Representing Ork boys) - see what you think...

Oh and now for an old friend, whose had a bit of a face lift...

I'm going to add some ink as a finish but I think it looks better than it used to do, all those who can remember...

I've got another 20 Goblins ready to put together - I'm still after more though and I've got to make myself up a Warboss and retinue.

Things are coming along nicely though - shame I have to paint them all crybaby.gif opinions welcome as always...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ace
post Dec 19 2006, 05:14 PM
Post #16

Tankbusta Boy
Group Icon

Member No.: 606

They look very cool. Too bad you won't finish them till your fourty.

+Quote Post
Sneeky_Kommando
post Dec 19 2006, 10:51 PM
Post #17

Kickin' Grot

Member No.: 2,000

Nice Job, I really like the concept! And how you figured out why Grots would have Ork Stats, I pondered that myself. Looking forward to the lootas as well.

--------------------
WAAAGH DA RED BERETZ!!!!!!!!!

Warboss Skarug da most kunnin bug 'unta dis side of da ooniverse

R.I.P Eddie, VIVA LA RAZA!!

+Quote Post
Mad Grot Docsnik
post Dec 21 2006, 12:03 AM
Post #18

Head Honcho
Group Icon

yes.gif on the squig-rider. It's just where I figured you go with it. One thing you might want to add is to armor them up a tad more than your other grotz, sort of a heavy cavalry kind of look... since ork boyz have an armor save but grotz don't. Attack squigs do so they're fine without barding.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Netherorc
post Dec 21 2006, 06:41 AM
Post #19

Runtherd
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,917

biggrin2.gif i really like the tank. i also think that the grot with the chained up grot on the end of the pole is awesome thumbs.gif i have always like grot armies and i think ures is one of the best ive seen

--------------------
Im back... after a long break. Glad to be back here ^^

+Quote Post
Dim_Reapa
post Dec 21 2006, 11:45 PM
Post #20

Ban Stikk Target
Group Icon

They look very cool. Too bad you won't finish them till your fourty.
Thanks fer reminding me ace, I'm trying to assemble them first so that I have to rope myself into painting all of them - got another 20 NGs on standby to put together, buying another box - then I'll probs be doing common goblins or sticking with NGs - not totally sure there tbh.

i really like the tank. i also think that the grot with the chained up grot on the end of the pole is awesome

Those grots are from the fantasy range in the Squig blister, although i think that the thing on the end of the pole is a snotling, not a grot - not 100% though, and it don't matter that much really. He's goading along the squig - I call em teasers, it's how they rope the squig into running faster - unfortunately, if the wheel breaks and the squig gets out, guess which of the crew gets eaten first (second if you count the snotling...)

i have always like grot armies and i think ures is one of the best ive seen
Flattery will get you everywhere thumbs.gif

on the squig-rider. It's just where I figured you go with it. One thing you might want to add is to armor them up a tad more than your other grotz, sort of a heavy cavalry kind of look... since ork boyz have an armor save but grotz don't. Attack squigs do so they're fine without barding.

Yeah that's not actually a bad idea MGD, I have a tonne of shields. Although, I have plans for both shoota and slugga boyz, and what I have planned for the shootas not sure what armour I can use, although I want to keep it a surprise til I've made the first blighter - think you'll all like...

What armour did you have in mind, helmets an shields? A few rivit things could probs add some - and I'm mixing in Wolf Riders too, and they look armoured.

The Lootas will be very soon actually - I'm stuck on what gobbos to use, common or night? but aside of that the rest is planned. Need some plasticard soonish - I'm starting on my cuttas soon.

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version |  Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 10:10 AM