IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Orrik da Red, what's the deal?, Some roolz of da road.
soylent bob
post Dec 2 2003, 09:31 PM
Post #1

most klevva materiul knowin' mek
Group Icon

Group: Nobz
Member No.: 52

Here's the deal with Orrik:

Orrik da Red is the worlds first true Ork gone Waaagh-about. He's travelling to far and exotic lands, he's meeting new Orks, and then he's gettin tha heck outta there before anyone finds out what he's nicked!!

In other words: Orrik is travelling around the world, one board member at a time.

It works like this:

Orrik gets sent away to someone, and a notice is posted on the board by the sender. (Much rejoicing is had by all.)

Orrik arrives at his destination, the receiver posts a notice on the waagh. (Much rejoicing is had by all.)

Orrik spend a week or so with his host. Games are played, the sights are seen, hilarity ensues. All the while, members of the waaagh are regailed with tales of Orrik's exploits. And of course, much rejoicing is had by all.

When Orrik is ready to move on, his readyness to move on is posted and folks around the globe clamour to be the next one to show Orrik a grand time.

Orrik is seated securely in his travelling capsule, perhaps with a few souveniers, and sent on to his next adventure. Announcements are made, rejoicing is had, and the process starts all over again.

You may ask yourself: What do I do if Orrik shows up at my doorstep?

Good question! maybe this will help...

You can feel free to have some fun with him. Play some games, take him around the town, show him the local landmarks, whatever.
Take some pics and post 'em on the waaagh. (if you don't have a digicam, describe Orrik's jolly antics, take regular pics and put 'em in the box for the next guy to scan. This should be a joy for the next host.)
If you feel like adding a bit to him, painting a little part of his armor, modelling a souvenir , go for it. He will slowly change throughout his travels, this is good.

You can add to his passport, (there is stuff in the front and in the middle, with a note from his builder, and hopefully from Orrik's previous hosts too.) You can use the rules that were made for him, or you can add to them (or change 'em completely for all anyone will care...)

When Orrik is ready to move on, post a notice on the Waaagh. There are LOTS of members that want to see Orrikk for a bit, so ask who wants him next, get their address by PM and send him off. Be sure to pack him up securely and has proper postage. (if he's crossing international borders, be sure you've got his customs papers sorted out first. Waaagh members can likely help figure them out..)

Pay attention, the next bit is important:

BE SURE THAT WHOEVER YOU SEND HIM TO, WILL SEND HIM OFF TO SOMEONE ELSE.

(And if you want to ba a host for Orrik, be sure you have the ability to pass him along. Don't ask for him if you cannot afford to send him away.)

There is room in Orrik's box to send along a few other models or goodies if you like. Just recognize that it is only Orrik that is travelling around the world. Anything that you add to the box is extra, and may become the property of the next host.

If you can, post pics of Orrik's farewell. We all want to see.

When Orrik gets to his next destination, the host posts an announcement of his arrival, much rejoicing is had by all, and the cycle continues.

--------------------
+++If something doesn't fit, hit it with a big hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer.+++
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dameanone
post Dec 4 2003, 10:00 PM
Post #2

telescoping arm
Group Icon

Group: Deathskullz
From: New York in the summer and breaks and Philly during the college year
Member No.: 59

As usual i've no clue what you are talking about?

--------------------
Im all lit up again

Shoot da Git firs den steal iz stuff-Deathskull Tactica

Grubdakka-"Ahhh yes, people. When you always expect the worse from them, you won't be disapointed. Human stupidity never fails to justify the species. I say good riddance, more air for the rest of us with half a brain."

+Quote Post
soylent bob
post Dec 4 2003, 11:04 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

enlightenment is in the works, grasshopper.

--------------------
+++If something doesn't fit, hit it with a big hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer.+++

+Quote Post
hakbash
post Dec 5 2003, 12:49 AM
Post #4

WAAAGH da...
Group Icon

Member No.: 114

So who has dis Orrik fellar? questionork.gif

--------------------
"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

+Quote Post
gubnutz
post Dec 5 2003, 12:54 AM
Post #5

telescoping arm
Group Icon

Group: Goffs
Member No.: 194

Put me on the list I want to host the blighter for a bit.

--------------------
April Threat
Warboss
6 mega Nobz
10 Grotz
Runtherd

back in the saddle

Check out my Live Journal

+Quote Post
Sneeky Git
post Dec 5 2003, 04:32 AM
Post #6

Dah Cheef uv Speshul Ops
Group Icon

Member No.: 33

The way it's supposed to work is that there is no fixed list. We only had a compilation of who wants Orrik and where they live, so we could work out postage most effectively.

So basically who ever has Orrik takes some photos and shows Orrik of or writes a nice story or whatever. He then tells everyone that Orrik is ready to move on, and then it's time for you to step up and yell "Send him to me!" Of course it will be a good idea to still make sure that postage is used effectively, especially when it comes down to crossing borders or overseas travel.

And as a little sidenote: Please make sure you have the money to pass Orrik on before you ask for him. You might even have a member of the Waaagh! living so close that you can actually meet and play a game over Orrik, but that's entirely up to you.

So have fun with Orrik and may he travel safely!

--------------------
Red Sands' sniperz on patrol

1. Read da rules of the board. They can be found here: http://www.the-waaagh.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18570 If there is something that you don't understand, ask on this post or PM a member of the HQ.

2. Read what each forum is used for. This can be found here: http://www.the-waaagh.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=139

+Quote Post
gobsmasha
post Dec 5 2003, 07:02 PM
Post #7

Swab Squig

Group: Grotz
Member No.: 61

Count me in! I am in Kansas... I assume I can email someone with my actual street address?

--------------------
Check out my blog for loads of Orky goodness.
TheUndermind

+Quote Post
soylent bob
post Dec 5 2003, 11:41 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Nobody needs to e-mail anyone with any addresses as of yet. Currently, either De4dme7al or FireBean has Orrik, but neither of 'em have said exactly where he is at the moment. As soon as Orrik surfaces again, we can all cry "me next", "me next".

So, Firebean or De4dme7al? where's Orrik?

--------------------

+Quote Post
de4dmeta1
post Dec 5 2003, 11:47 PM
Post #9

Kommando
Group Icon

Group: Deathskullz
Member No.: 12

With firebean now, with me by sunday.

happy?

--------------------
Da Ancient Deffskull
*farts dust*

Grand Warlord Skarsnik Kren Zahubu, lord of Klan Infernoz
'Is Supreme Killyness, Da Ork Eternal, Chosen uv da Godz, and Da Skurge uv Angelis
'You fools! You can't kill what's already dead!'
Rather appropriate I'm still a Kommando, no?

+Quote Post
soylent bob
post Dec 5 2003, 11:48 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Very happy. biggrin2.gif Thanks! cheers.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
IronShark
post Dec 5 2003, 11:53 PM
Post #11

Dreadsock Enforcer
Group Icon

Member No.: 170

I'll be in Saudi Arabia over Christmas break (woohoo, Party Land eyerollork2.gif ). If you can get Orrik to me before Dec 16, he could visit the mideast!

I know there isn't much chance of that, but I thought I'd offer.

I'm currently in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

--------------------
Being a winner is easy if your definition of victory is flexible enough.

+Quote Post
Sneeky Git
post Dec 6 2003, 06:29 AM
Post #12

Dah Cheef uv Speshul Ops
Group Icon

As Orrik is still in Canada, it would be a good idea to cover that country first as much as possible. This was sort of the original plan btw. Cover Canada first, before Orrik crosses the border to the US. Travel the US, keeping states in mind as much as possible. Then have him travel around the rest of the world, again making sure keep postage "effective", i.e. as low as possible by choosing the route wisely.

--------------------

1. Read da rules of the board. They can be found here: http://www.the-waaagh.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18570 If there is something that you don't understand, ask on this post or PM a member of the HQ.

2. Read what each forum is used for. This can be found here: http://www.the-waaagh.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=139

+Quote Post
Kymmerus
post Dec 6 2003, 10:41 AM
Post #13

Gob Squig

Member No.: 103

Oh if he's still in Canada I should probably make mention of the fact that I am too... and that I'd like participate in his travels smilingOrk.gif

+Quote Post
IronShark
post Dec 6 2003, 02:58 PM
Post #14

Dreadsock Enforcer
Group Icon

Member No.: 170

What I'm saying is that I'm in Edmonton, Canada now, leave for Saudi Arabia on Dec 16, and then will be back in Canada on Jan 2. If getting mad air miles and exotic destination are one of the 'objectives,' I can supply.

I've made the SA/Canada journey more times than I can count, with miniatures accompanying me frequently.

There is a slim chance you could get him to me in time, but don't you think it would be sweet for Orrik to visit Saudi Arabia? When I return to Canada a few weeks later, he will return to the regular Canadian tour.

I'd take good care of him. Take him in my carry-on and all that, and find some spiffy Arabian souvenier to add to his extra stuff.

--------------------
Being a winner is easy if your definition of victory is flexible enough.

+Quote Post
CaNnOn_FeEdEr
post Dec 6 2003, 05:17 PM
Post #15

Stainless Steel Skull
Group Icon

Group: Evil Sunz
Member No.: 157

Im in the great white north as well. I wish to get the lil blighter. (By the way, what is his weight, and does he come in his own little traveling case?)

--------------------
In Devastation There is Opportunity

You ever see a Yeti when a dozen condoms full of coke burst in his belly?

+Quote Post
VladTheRotten
post Dec 19 2003, 04:39 PM
Post #16

Runtherd
Group Icon

Member No.: 68

you should make it a rule that you have to add one model to his possie everytime a person gets him, like he makes friends

--------------------
Don't bother running, you'll only die tired.
"If All Else Fails, Find a Less Skilled Opponent"
My Models & Art Picture Page

+Quote Post
soylent bob
post Dec 19 2003, 06:37 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

That has been discussed, but the fact that he needs to be affordable to keep sending along means that any stowaways may or may not continue along the journey.

When all is said and done, Orrik is, was, and forever shall be: A Loner...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sneeky Git
post Dec 20 2003, 04:40 AM
Post #18

Dah Cheef uv Speshul Ops
Group Icon

QUOTE (soylent bob @ Dec 19 2003, 06:07 PM)

... save for his trusted grot reporter yes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
warbosssean
post Dec 23 2003, 02:25 AM
Post #19

da thread digga
Group Icon

Group: Freebooterz
Member No.: 45

QUOTE (soylent bob @ Dec 20 2003, 09:07 AM)

haha laughingOrk.gif thats funny

dont worry about sending to me cause i have noclue how to do all the handling of postage and stuff

+Quote Post
Grot
post Jan 25 2004, 06:32 PM
Post #20

Puffball Fungus

Member No.: 251

Wat r u talking about?
questionork.gif questionork.gif questionork.gif

--------------------
[b][B]