Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why Orks?, Inquiry
Luhtneb
post Nov 9 2005, 09:29 AM
Post #1

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

Group: Grotz
Member No.: 1,795

Why DO you guys play orks? After being exposed to some of the other warbands, I must admit, I'm beginning to lose faith. I haven't played in years, and some of those guys are insane! So why play orks? Why do you play them?

--------------------
[COLOR=orange]Coor-Adj is Stoo-pud. Me want me boyz weely, weely, Stoo-pud.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Reg06
post Nov 9 2005, 11:39 AM
Post #2

Yoof

Group: Boyz
Member No.: 1,109

I've never had the chance to play orks, but that troll is a real big attraction.

+Quote Post
MacKeke
post Nov 9 2005, 11:59 AM
Post #3

Runtherd
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,359

I've never even played orcs. Middenheim Mercenaries for teh win!

--------------------
Red Rokk Klan Game Stats:
W: 37
D: 4
L: 7

+Quote Post
Kaptun Krum
post Nov 9 2005, 12:34 PM
Post #4

Arbork Kaptun
Group Icon

Group: Bosses
Member No.: 2

Well why every warband has their unique individual tricks and such, I tend to just go off the models. with orks you can model just about any type of ork warband. You can have savage, regular, or even armored boyz.

But I think that one thing that really makes orks strong is their starting out ability (although being a bit on the cheezy side I think). Starting out you could start out with 10 ork boys and a full hero command. All the ork boys would start out with clubs and the command with whatever you can fit in. After the first game you should have no problems getting 30 gc and you now have 10 guys with 2 attacks. The thing that makes orks even tougher is their toughness. LOL. Starting out with toughness 4 is nothing to sneeze at in starting campaigns. Not many people have the STR to be able to hurt you and that puts a serious advantage in your corner. I've been through alot of starting out games where combined with failing to hit, my guys are pretty much untouchable. Now of course in the metagame rellying on this advantage won't last because your opponents will also get better weapons and stronger as well.

--------------------
Arborkz on Patrol
Kaptun Krum on Patrol!!

+Quote Post
Scarpia
post Nov 9 2005, 01:40 PM
Post #5

No Gud Lootin' Git!
Group Icon

Group: Deathskullz
Member No.: 254

Krum hit it on the head - missing one important part - they're fun! there is nothing as satisfying as playing an army that no one really takes seriously until they get krumped over the head a few times. Ork toughness and numbers mean a lot in mordheim, and it isn't just in the beginning. I had a hero or two get their toughness increased - and now if you think t4 is good, well, t5 is amazing!

--------------------
meh.

+Quote Post
Kaptun Krum
post Nov 9 2005, 03:30 PM
Post #6

Arbork Kaptun
Group Icon

Group: Bosses
Member No.: 2

Toughness 5 and Resillient. Yum Yum!!

--------------------
Arborkz on Patrol
Kaptun Krum on Patrol!!

+Quote Post
Luhtneb
post Nov 10 2005, 04:00 PM
Post #7

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

Member No.: 1,795

Gotcha. Emphesis on staying power. So what tactics have been your favorites?

--------------------
[COLOR=orange]Coor-Adj is Stoo-pud. Me want me boyz weely, weely, Stoo-pud.

+Quote Post
ArchFiendofDezde...
post Nov 25 2005, 01:14 AM
Post #8

Grot Slave

Member No.: 1,561

Orks are just fun plain and simple. It may be humerous to krump the enemy with your boyz and even more so when the gobo's kill da enemy with some shortbows. Although it is even more humerous when the gobo's try to beat each other up from animosity.

The biggest tactic is to keep boyz between your gobo's until you get close to the enemy warband because gobo's will not charge the boyz if you roll double ones. They will simply squabble. Its even more humerous when the gobo wants to show everyone up and charges out there to get 'em.

Anyways. My main reason for playing orks in mordheim is for the fun factor. Not because I can win with them but to have fun. And orcs and gobos can definately do that for you.

--------------------
"Da quiet ones made of metal. I fink dey are too easy to break. Da big ship was all shiney on the inside but no loot to take from it. Da Nekronz as da 'oomies call dem. Da boyz made easy work of dat Tombship as it was called."

+Quote Post
Hamenopi
post Feb 22 2006, 10:05 PM
Post #9

Mushling

Member No.: 2,135

I chose ork and gob bc it was absolutely free for me. I have a huge bitz box of orky gear. I also chose them bc orks are by far the most fun race ever, period, fin.
My FAVORITE part is when I fail animosity and get I'll show yer! for each of the failed models. 16 inches is an awesome move speed. I even love how my gobbos got str 4 and 2 ataks with a SPEAR, total nutters, combined with my fanatics, it's a hoot, a riot, ERIN GO WAAAGH!

--------------------
- I dank my axe es too sharp!

+Quote Post
eadbanger
post Jul 8 2008, 09:47 AM
Post #10

Yoof

Member No.: 5,377

when playing a ork warband, the troll is a must- I have however seen a troll blocked by something as feeble as a few zombies (for most of the rest of the game)- watchout for that- if the troll can't inflict some serious damage on your enemy, you might as well not have one. its a strong mean killy machine, if it just gets a chance- choppa.gif

--------------------
build it, paint it, post it

+Quote Post
Ashton.Sanders
post Jul 14 2008, 12:01 AM
Post #11

Puffball Fungus

Member No.: 7,315

Orcs definitely hold their own in Mordheim.

Squigs with 4WS and 4S can also do some damage.

T4 is awesome. After a couple level ups, it's pretty easy to get Reslient, and then normal (S3) attacks need a 6 to would you!

Don't forget that Gobos and Squigs are ridiculously cheap, and only count as 1/2 a person out of action when it comes to route tests... if you have 12 guys, you need to loose 6 Gobos/Squigs to have to roll to route. That'll give you lots of time to let your heroes beat down some baddies and get some XP!

QUOTE (ArchFiendofDezdemon @ Nov 24 2005, 11:44 PM) *
The biggest tactic is to keep boyz between your gobo's until you get close to the enemy warband because gobo's will not charge the boyz if you roll double ones.

I think you mean hero between your gobos... The rule says:

"If the nearest friendly model is an Orc Hero, the warrior behaves as if a 2-5 had been rolled"

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kane
post Aug 21 2008, 05:50 PM
Post #12

Mushling

Member No.: 8,140

I play 2 warbands: Orcs and Skaven. Orcs cause their dead stompy and crush everyone into a fine paste and Skaven for the look on your opponents face when you surround him 3-1 and then sick your Rat-Ogre on his boss...well, its just fun! Have not played in years. Waiting for my brother to visit so I can get a game with him at least.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version |  Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 09:42 PM